1. To prepare around10-12 tikki’s you need:
- 6-7 medium sized potatoes boiled ,peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup murmura powder
- 4 small white bread powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp green chilli paste or as per taste
- Mix mashed potatoes ,bread crumbs/ bread powder murmura powder , salt and green chilli paste to make a soft dough.
- Divide it equally to make tikkis.
- Shallow fry in ghee/oil on low/ medium flame till it turns crispy.
2. To prepare chole you need:
- 1 cup chickpea soaked overnight or atleast 5-6 hours
- 2 medium sized onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp ginger grated
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tbsp oil
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- one tejpan leaves
- 3-4 whole black pepper
- salt to taste
- red chilli powder to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dhaniya powder
- In a pressure cooker boil chickpea with some salt , a pinch of turmeric, tejpan leaf and whole black pepper.
- Grind onions , green chilli and ginger to make a fine paste.
- Grind tomatoes separately to make a puree.
- in a deep pan, pour oil and heat.
- Add jeera and asafoetida.wait till jeera turns brown (not black 😉 )
- Add onions paste and fry it on low flame for around 5 minutes (till it turns light pink)
- Add tomato puree and cook it till oil starts leaving the sides. (it will take around 5-7 minutes on medium flame) to this add all your dry masala (salt, turmeric powder,dhaniya powder,chilli powder) saute it for around a minute on low flame.
- Now mashed about 1/4 of uoi chickpea with a spoon and add all to this gravy.
- On low flame let it boil for around 15 minutes so that all the flavours are absorbed wholly .
3. For Garnishing:
4. How to serve:
- Place the tikki’s in a deep dish.
- Add cooked chickpea to it.
- Garnish with chutney, onion and sev.
- Serve immediately.